Medical Device Sr. Process Engineer
6 Month Contract Position
Provide support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitor performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interface with Quality and Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Initiate and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
2. Analyze and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
3. Understand engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
4. Incorporate business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
5. Cultivate internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees.
6. Receive general direction; exercises considerable discretion as to personal wok details as well as the work details of other technical personnel. Review project progress and evaluates results. Reviews, generates, and approves documentation such as documents, drawings and specifications.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years of related work experience
Complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Serve as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.